Monday 7 June 2010

Holiday Romance






Summer, Holiday's and Romance.

I was flicking through an old Vogue and found an inspiring piece on Summer fashion in an always romantic Grace Kelly Style. The shoot in Monte Carlo is based on Hitchcock’s classic To Catch a Thief and the famous Mario Testino shoots Claudia Schiffer as Grace Kelly. It inspired me so much that I went home and watched the 1955 film and adored it.

I have yet to post about romantic films and Alfred Hitchcock's famous portrayals of Norman's mummy issues and killer birds do not immediately bring to mind romance but they certainly do create a great backdrop for a Vogue fashion romantical piece. To Catch a Thief is a different sylte of Hitchcock, lighthearted but still glamorous and sophisticated. Part of its charm are the two stars, of course. And who wouldn't be entertained by Cary Grant and Grace Kelly? As a pair they are the most attractive people to ever grace the silver screen.

I am heading off on a Europe holiday soon and as much as I try I know I will never exude the style of Grace Kelly but a girl can dream...

She can also dream about that Italian man who would look great on the cover of a romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment